- Faculty Spring/Summer Doctoral Student Research Assistant Support, Department of Communication, Wayne State University (2015). PI. “Communicative complexities of enacting environmental resource management policy in the U.S. Arctic.” $2,500.
- National Science Foundation (2014). Mentor for undergraduate student research assistant. (PI: Jeffrey L. Ram). “REU Site: Improving the Environment through Undergraduate Research Internships for a Sustainable Environment (URISE).” $348,655. Not funded.
- Dean’s Creative/Research Grant, College of Fine, Performing & Communication Arts, Wayne State University (2014). PI. “Communicative complexities of ‘Integrated Arctic Management’: Environmental resource management and development in Alaska.” $7,000.
- Purdue Research Foundation Summer Research Grant (2012). PI. “Accomplishing sustainability from local networks to global transformative policies: The work of sustainability professionals.” $2,635.
- Center for Research on Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Seed Grant (2012). Worked with PI Patrice M. Buzzanell. “Performances of Meaningful Work by Sustainability Professionals.” $500.
- Central States Communication Association Federation Prize (2012). Co-PI with Patrice M. Buzzanell. “Performances of meaningful work by sustainability professionals.” $3,000.
- Projects that Advance the Discipline of Communication Funded by the National Communication Association (2011). Co-PI with Patrice M. Buzzanell. “Changing face of communication studies: Majority and underrepresented minority millennial graduate students’ reported quality of life and meaningfulness of work.” $5,000.